Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Being lied to...


.... over and over again, and still choose to believe the person again.

Being a relative to a person suffering from addiction may mean that I again and again choose to believe in someone who has lied to me. For every time I want so badly to believe in pleas for forgiveness and that it never will happen again.

This may mean that I keep turning back to what's hurting me, over and over again. Even though I know, somewhere inside of me, that this is not good for me. I keep putting my hand on the hot stove even though I know it will burn me again.

This may mean that for every broken promise, I create a new ultimatum: If this happens again, I will leave! But I don't. It becomes an empty threat. No one believes my threats to leave anymore. My boundaries have changed and I loose my trust in myself. I don't protect myself, I don't take care of my own needs.

Then who should do it?
Do you like this blog? Become a member or spread it to others who might need it!

No comments :

blogglista.seSvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen
SvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen