Monday, March 2, 2015

Self-Help Manual: To help you as an relative

Through the support of the book "Self-Help Manual For Relatives of Substance Abusers", the hope is for the reader to come closer to the goals and dreams that they have. The book provides the perspectives of the relative's situation, and contains self-help exercises for the reader. It is for those who want to start a gradual process to a larger well-being.  

These are some things that people have told me about how the self-help manual has helped them:

  • "Before reading the book I didn't feel strong enough to tell my relative how i felt, but now I have the courage and the strength to bring up sensitive topics."

    "The exercises in this manual have made me understand some things about my own behavior, and about my relative who is a substance addict. It has made me think differently."
    "I have made a huge progress. My distress over my mothers substance abuse is all in all gone."
    "The manual is comforting and something that I can go back to and read whenever I want."
    "It has helped me understand more about my substance abusing relative, but also about my self and my own needs

    "The self-help manual feels like a trusted friend that I can come back to if I need to".
    "I'm not dwelling on things that have been as much anymore, the things I did wrong, what I could have done differently and so on.""I got a new picture of what I can change and what is my responsibility, and what isn’t. It has also changed the way I communicate with my relative with alcohol problems"

Read more about the self-help manual here.

No comments :

blogglista.seSvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen
SvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen