Monday, May 26, 2014

To believe in the same thing over and over again

There are probably many relatives that can admit to having believed the addict when they said: "I'll drink less, I'll stop, I'll find help, I will… I will… I will… "

We want to believe it so badly, we build up our hopes and dreams around this. And we get just as disappointed each time.

Talking won't do it, in this case action is what counts. Words without action will simply make things end up like they were before.

How can we as relatives protect ourselves from the disappointments? How can we as relatives contribute to putting up more realistic and manageable goals? For ourselves and others involved?


Do you like this blog? Become a member and share it to others!

No comments :

blogglista.seSvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen
SvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen