Monday, November 10, 2014

New strength

It might feel contradictory to imagine that all the sad and painful experiences from living with a drug- and substance abuser actually may be valuable to us. Even if it feels hard, we must realize how the experiences have made us stronger in so many ways, and recognize all the new knowledge we have gain, both of ourselves and other people.

Can you think of any positive qualifications you might have gain from your experiences? 
Here are some examples given from relatives whom I have coached: 
  • I've learned to say no. 
  • I learned about humility and being non-judgmental.
  • I now prioritize my own needs, and I help other seeing when they put aside their needs. 
  • I now know that I can take care of myself. I feel much more secure and calm. 
Write down all the strengths that you have developed! 

No comments :

blogglista.seSvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen
SvenskaSajter.com - Den ständigt växande länkkatalogen